Thursday, March 19, 2009

How I Won Little Little Miss Sunday School


I have always been an honest tyke, teenager and adult. Sometimes it has gotten me in big trouble. Through the years I have tried very hard to learn to measure my truthful words with wisdom in my head first. But,thinking back to when I was 4, (a little younger than this picture) honesty had its benefits.I had the great honor of being nominated for the title of Little Miss Sunday School. My family attended a Foursquare Assembly of God church, and EVERYbody knows how much Foursquare churches love contests. To achieve the title, I had to win a penny drive. There were three adorable little girls (including myself) up for the title, and the winner would be chosen according who received the most pennies. I myself was very excited about this title, because the winner won a trophy, an Uncle Sam hat, and best of all, A Disney ICE CREAM MAKER! I wanted that Ice Cream maker. I don't remember so much about wanting to represent the church with the title of Little Miss Sunday School, but hey church for me was all fun back then. The big day arrived after weeks of observation from the church members. It was interview Sunday. I was ALL decked out along with my two opponets, sitting up by the pulpit in front of the entire congregation. I was the last to be interviewed.The most important part of the interview was the question, "Why do YOU want to be Little Miss Sunday School?" The first contestant stepped up to the podium and clearly stated, " I want to be Little Miss Sunday School because I love Jesus!" Great answer! The next contestant stepped up and also gave an eloquent answer. "I want to be Little Miss Sunday School because I love going to Sunday School and learning about God." I seriously remember this, had no issues with their great answers. Finally it was my turn to step up to the microphone. I was ready. "Why do you want to be Little Miss Sunday School Laurie?" With my parents beaming proudly up at me from the crowd, I proudly pronounced," Because I want the Ice Cream Maker!!" I coud not for the life of me figure out why the entire church was laughing so hard. I was being honest here! I won by a landslide. The ice cream maker is long gone, don't remember ever wearng the Uncle Sam hat, but I still have the little trophy to remind myself that it is always best to tell the truth.

No comments:

Hope

Hope

About Me

My photo
Atwater, CA, United States
I am a child of God, a follower of Jesus Christ, a wife, a mom. I pray. I love. I hate lies.I hope to make a difference in some way to someone in this world